Thursday, July 3, 2008

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!!

Today is Isaac's 14th birthday! When we started this adoption process 11 months ago, I certainly never thought that the boys wouldn't be home for their birthday! :(
Communication has been less over the past 2 weeks with them. We have had troubles getting a call to even go through, but finally Isaac called us last night. I think he had diarrhea of the mouth...LOL!!! I talked to him for 40 min, and that was after Matt had already talked to him! He is counting down the days till we get there on next Friday! :) He's got plans for Jackson to play with his soccer team for his Saturday game. I think they are very excited about getting to see their brothers who they haven't seen since Christmas. Cristian was his usual short and sweet conversation....1-2 min....always ending with a very sweet, "I love you Mom". Melts my heart :) We did get an email update from David yesterday....below is what he emailed:

We are just waiting for the courts to give us the whole package that we will be submitting to the embassy. We are going to court today and hopefully it will be ready.

So really nothing new.....still waiting. Keep in mind 2 weeks ago I got the same update from him when he was going to court for the day, and he didn't get our paperwork that day. So I'm not holding my breath, I'm trying to not get frustrated, and I'm just looking forward to seeing my boys in 8 days! Happy 14th Birthday Isaac... We love you!!!

1 comment:

Lori and Jeremy West said...

Enjoy your visit guys! I will be thinking about you! Wendy occasionally talks about going back to visit "my house in Guatemala" (it's always in present tense). I hope we can one day. If you see Carmen or Anotonio (Wendy's houseparents)- give them our love.
Have a safe trip!!
I'm still praying your case starts MOVING!!!