Friday, May 2, 2008

New Pictures :)

I finally got a new album posted (to the right) with pictures from mine and Jimmi's visit to Casa Bernabe in April. I had over 600 pictures, so these are just some of my favorites :)
It's been a rollercoaster of emotions for me this week. I'll give you the simplified version of "news" we've heard from Guatemala this week. PGN (the last court that you go through with the adoption process) has temporarily stopped processing all adoption cases. There is the possibility that they may be trying to contact and reinterview all birthmothers. I'm not sure what they do in a case like ours when they have no idea where the birthmother is??? We still are waiting for a judge to make the corrections in the paperwork that the US Embassy asked for 6 weeks ago! Once that comes we should get our Pre-Approval and then be in PGN. So it was very discouraging to hear that PGN stopped processing cases. Another slow down in the process...SIGH! This really put me in a down & grumpy mood on Tuesday! I listened to a Joyce Meyer CD that evening on "Peace" which helped put things into perspective. I also found a bible verse that helped me:

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

God's plans are perfect....I just need to remind myself of that when I start to get in a funk! The next day, God gave me just what I needed........ an unexpected telephone call from Isaac! It was so awesome to pick up my cellphone and say "hello", and hear a "Hi Mom!". It was completely unexpected, but a great conversation! Cristian was at band practice unfortunately, so we didn't get to talk to him. Isaac told us a few things that had changed since we left.........Lupita (his house mom) is pregnant! I'm so happy for her and Martin, they will be great parents. Miguel, was moved out of the house and up into the oldest boys house! Miguel is being adopted by our friends, Kim & Greg. Miguel and Isaac are very good friends! And Claudio (my Guatemala "alarm clock"- the rooster!) was dinner one night! I had to chuckle at that a little, and asked Isaac why couldn't they have done that before our visit so that I would have gotten more sleep while I was there! He laughed at that! So that's all for now......hopefully we'll have some good news to report soon! Thanks for sharing part of your day with us!

1 comment:

Lori :) said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things are still taking a long time. I did enjoy looking at your pics and video of your visit trip!! It's great that you've been able to visit them several times! I hope the next time you go it's to bring them home!!!

Blessings!
Lori :)