Monday, June 16, 2008

FINALLY!....Good News! :)

For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:5

Today I was reminded of our awesome God's Faithfulness! :) I know that he never gives us more than we can handle.....and I think He realized I couldn't handle much more bad news! LOL! Let me backtrack some..........we haven't had any good news on the adoption progress in months! Everything that we have heard since March has been in my eyes "bad" or discouraging news. Last week they continued the search for the boy's dad's death certificate and came up with nothing. Then we received an email that they were attempting to find their mom......not news that I even expected to hear. To me, that was very upsetting. (Matt didn't understand why it would upset me.) Mom hasn't been in the picture for 6 1/2 years......so my mind started the "what if" game. "What if" they find her and she wants them back now......"what if".......and my imagination just kept going. Satan certainly at work! So after a few hours of that, I finally realized that what was supposed to be, would be what would happen......even if it wasn't what I wanted. That search was unsuccessful. I was convinced that this would be a veeerrrrry long search before it was ever found. Then today I was in a bummy mood because in another week Jimmi and Sasha will be moving to Arizona. :( 2 sons I can't get home......and one son moving far away. (Gee, do you think I will have a problem when "empty nest" rolls around!) THEN, I got an email right before I left work today from David at Casa Bernabe.........they found the death certificate!!!! They followed up on an address that they got for a relative hoping someone could give them a date of death, and the person that they talked to actually had a copy of the death certificate! THANK YOU GOD! So, that is now being sent to the Judge in Guatemala who requested it......which means he should now sign off the paperwork that the US Embassy was requesting AND hopefully we will have our Pre-Approval from the US Embassy soon! Yeah! And that will put us into PGN...the last court in Guatemala :) I am so happy right now! And I talked to Isaac and Cristian on the phone tonight :) We also have plans for Matt, Jordan, Jackson and I to go visit them July 11th! I can't wait! Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers! Hopefully I'll be letting you know more good news soon. :)

2 comments:

Lori :) said...

Yeah!!! Praise God!! He IS still in control!!

Lori :)
Enjoy your visit!

Sandi Lerman said...

SO THRILLED about your good news!!!!! Just got back from Casa B, and WOW, how your boys have grown since I saw them 5 months ago! :) They send lots of hugs, and of course are so excited to see you again soon. I got a couple of cute photos of them at church on Sunday. As soon as I unpack and do laundry, I'll post stories and pics on Debora's blog, but I wanted to visit yours first to send you my CONGRATULATIONS on breaking through this latest obstacle. Our God is an awesome God! - Sandi